Friday, September 11, 2015

The Post Grad Life

Since graduating from BYU in June, I have transitioned into the world of work. I work as an academic advisor for the School of Family Life. I sit down with students interested in family life, sociology, gerontology, and help them plan out their life during BYU and after. Somehow I'm qualified to do this job, even though I have no idea what I want to do with my life! But I have my own office, plants, lunch breaks, this is real adulthood! 

Living the job life, I have many hours after work just to myself. Garrick is a very dedicated student and doesn't come home until late each night. So I have been left to discover new ways to pass the time that doesn't involve mindless Netflix watching. Paint by numbers has become my solution, my best friend. I love to create but often don't have the energy or ability to paint or draw freestyle. Paint by numbers is my creative outlet, and it's so easy! You wouldn't be able to tell from my picture but I have poured hours into this painting and I'm so proud of how it's coming along. It's so fulfilling! I've also read 3 books since working and have a long list of sewing projects to tackle. I'm fulling embracing this post grad life!

 photo jamie.jpg


No comments: