Friday, September 11, 2015

Labor Day

This summer Garrick has been more adamant about getting outdoors. He has been wanting to get into backpacking for a while now but it just never happened. He finally got to go with the UVU outdoors club a couple weeks ago and he feel in love. Immediately after that hike he wanted us to be a backpacking family! I, on the other hand, was a huge supporter of camping but very scared of backpacking. The idea of carrying all of your gear for miles just sounded miserable! But somehow he convinced me go, 22 weeks pregnant mind you! 
We went to REI at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks, making sure we were getting the right gear. Garrick made sure that I had good gear to ensure a positive experience! 
It actually turned out to be such a fun trip! We hiked a little over 6 miles and saw 9 lakes! It was beautiful and peaceful. We were able to talk and laugh, listen to music and just enjoy the beautiful scenery. The trees were beginning to change colors which got me so excited for fall! Garrick was an angel the entire trip, he made sure we took lots of breaks and thought of everything to make the trip enjoyable. For example, the evening and morning were super cold but Garrick was prepared; he brought me lots of warm layers to wear and even packed hot chocolate! I was so impressed at how thoughtful he was throughout the entire trip. Aside from the sleepless night we had it was the perfect trip! We've done a couple of camping trips this summer but I love it when we go alone-just the two of us. We've decided it will be a permanent tradition!
I love that Garrick nudges me out of my comfort zone and pushes me to do hard things. It always results in something incredible! I guess we can be a backpacking family. 
 photo jamie.jpg

No comments: