Friday, September 11, 2015

Richardson Reunion

Richardson reunions have existed as long as I have been alive. It consists of a massive gathering of my mom's 10 siblings and their families. We haven't been able to make it to any reunions in a few years but this year they were honoring my mom so all of us Beck's made it a priority to come and support her. It was also Garrick's first experience with all of my extended family together. These reunions are legendary and have quite the rep, it was fun exposing that side of our family to him. What typically happens at these reunions is the Beck family gravitates towards each other-only because we love each other so much!
Carrie let me try on her baby carrier, Mary and I got up close and personal!
Hanging out in the parents bedroom
Aunt Amy rocked the planning of the reunion and created the theme of Olympics. So we were each assigned country and competed against one another in different events. To my surprise Garrick got really involved and was volunteering for nearly all of the events! Here he and Kayla are competing in the hula  hoop contest. 
During the events that Garrick wasn't participating in, the beck boys created their own challenges and competed against one another. 
This is a pretty epic picture of Garrick.
Garrick teamed up with little Jay for the balloon toss, they actually made it pretty far!
Here's the whole Richardson clan!
Garrick and I were on team Chile with Aunt Margie (the best team)
The Beck clan
My sweet mother couldn't pass up the opportunity to get an updated family picture!
The highlight of the reunion was the night dedicated to mom's life. Each family prepared a skit from an event of mom's life. Dad was in charge of our skit and we recreated his proposal story, it was adorable! Then each of mom's siblings and kids all prepared a little speech about how much we love it. It was so sweet and I was bawling through the whole thing. I have the best mom in the world. 

Here dad is proposing to mom for the second time!
I just love my family so much!
 photo jamie.jpg




No comments: