Friday, September 11, 2015

Birthday Boy

Garrick did such a good job with my birthday, I really wanted to make his special. I had been thinking about his birthday gifts for months, positive that he had no idea what was coming but knowing that he'd love them! Slowly but surely Garrick guessed all of his gifts one by one, I'm such a terrible liar that there was no way to deceive him. I was pretty disappointed that knew most of his presents but it turned out okay because he loved them! We spent the Saturday before his birthday hiking, eating free birthday meals including his favorite Red Lobster and ended the night at the movie theater watching Mission Impossible. I had other plans but they fell through, Garrick was a good sport and made me feel better about the day. I'm realizing more and more I am not a good planner!
Huhot which resulted in a food coma.

Hiking in Provo Canyon with our brand new hiking boots!
The very handsome birthday boy lovin on his gifts. 
Since his actual birthday was on Sunday it was a little harder to make it special. But I made him breakfast in bed, as well as homemade cafe rio for dinner, and then enojyed the night eating cake and playing games with family. 

A week later Garrick got to cash in on one of his birthday gifts for a 60 minute horseback riding lesson! He has been talking about riding horses for months! So I happily found a groupon deal that would get him on a horse! He looked so cute riding, it's been years since he was on one and had never ridden one freely so it was pretty fun. But now he's convinced that we need to buy horses....I may have created a monster. 
The other day I was on the phone with my mom and she jokingly said that Garrick helped raise me. I couldn't agree more! Looking back, I was such a baby when we met! He truly has helped me grow to be the person I am today. He has taught me so much about hard work, patience, selflessness, determination and so much more. He is the most incredible person and I hope that I can be more like him. I'm so so so grateful for him and all that he does for our little family. I'm incredibly lucky to have found my prince charming so early on. Happy birthday honey!! 26 looks so good on you!

 photo jamie.jpg

No comments: