Monday, July 29, 2013

I think he kinda likes me

   Funny story about this hubby of mine. While Garrick was gone for his training I got to see another side of him, a more protective side. One night when he was able to call me we were talking for a few minutes when the call dropped. Thinking he lost service I laid down to wait until he called back but once I hit the pillow I was asleep. I have a gift of falling asleep within minutes, seconds even! Well the next morning I woke up to 20 missed calls and 10 text messages! What the heck?!? I looked through the missed calls first and saw that the most recent 2 calls were from his friend Jesse. The other 18 had been from Garrick. Officially confused, I started reading through my messages. Apparently Garrick had gotten really worried about me since I wasn't picking up any of his phone calls. He was sure something had happened to me since we had JUST talked. So he called upon his best friend Jesse to drive to our apartment and check up on me (this was at 3am). Jesse then called me and texted me letting me know that he was outside the door checking up on me. And after seeing that the porch light,security light as Garrick likes to call it, was on Jesse called Garrick and let him know that all was well in the apartment. I then received another message from Garrick saying that he sent Jesse over since he was worried, but because the security light was on he knew I was okay, and he ended with saying that I'm never allowed to have my phone of silent again.
  What a guy right?! I thought this was the funniest and cutest thing, he was so worried! He called me that next night and told me how distraught he was that something had happened, he didn't sleep at all. Good to know that he's the protective type! Our daughters won't stand a chance with a daddy like that!


                                                               photo jamie.jpg

1 comment:

mamabluffs said...

Great story! Glad to know my daughter's in great hands!