Monday, July 15, 2013

He's home!!!

My wonderful husband has returned and I couldn't be more happy! If there's one thing that I've learned from having him gone is that I am crazily in love with my hubby! Now I know that I can't live without him! Fingers crossed he never has to leave me for more than 2 weeks! So Friday they drove home from 29 Palms and they arrived on base early that evening; knowing that he was so close but so far killed me! I really wanted to go see him that night but he had told me beforehand Saturday would be the soonest I could. Then around 10pm Friday night he texted me saying to come by!! I was so incredibly excited, anxious, and even a little nervous (yes, he makes me nervous). I had to quickly make myself look good (obviously it has not been a priority the past two weeks) and then I booked it over to Camp Williams. I finally got there after way too much traffic for it being so late, I sat there in my car, impatiently for 20-30 min when he finally called me and told me where to meet him! I was surprised to see he was carrying all his gear with him, since he didn't get released until the next day. But he hugged me, kissed me, and told me to get in the car- he was coming home with me!! It all had to be done quickly and quietly because he wasn't exactly allowed to leave, but lucky for me I have a risk taking hubby! He had to be back at the base early the next day, the poor guy had to be back by 6am. Around 11:30 on Saturday he came back home to get me for the picnic which was for being held for all the families. So we ate yummy food catered by Goodrich BBQ (Garrick was more excited about that than I was), mingled with his buddies, and waited until 2 when he finally was released to go home! Now he's mine for the next 5 weeks until he has drill again...
This is Camp Williams (it's really an Army base but they claim a small corner of it)
This is Corporal Gaffney standing in front of his platoon. I'm so proud! Haha
So happy to be reunited! 
I made sure the house was clean and if my mother taught me anything it's to have a proper
welcome home sign! (we don't have tape-hence the chair holding it up)
                                                                   photo jamie.jpg

1 comment:

mamabluffs said...

So sweet! Love the sign!