Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October

Two words: Fall Break. It's the best thing ever and I wish BYU jumped on that bandwagon. UVU had their fall break last week and it came at the best time. Garrick is taking his heaviest load yet this semester so that next semester will be easy since baby will be here. He has been so overwhelmed with his coursework (even though I keep reminding him that grades don't matter at this point). So fall break was the perfect time for him to be completely lazy and carefree for a couple days. He came home on Wednesday night after taking a test with ice cream and hot wings in hand as he declared "It's fall break!" He then proceeded to move our mattress into the living room, turned on netflix with his wings and ice cream by his side. It remained in our living room until Sunday night, it was so fun. 
While I had carefree Garrick, I told him I really wanted to do a session in the SLC temple so we went up on saturday during fall break and enjoyed the afternoon in Salt Lake with Dallas and Lauren. 
Every time I go, I'm completely mesmerized of the beauty in this temple. I'm so glad that we live close to visit. 
Right after we got home from Salt Lake we went to a corn maze with some friends in the ward. We successfully navigated our way through the maze and came out with free pumpkins and coupons to restaurants. With our coupons we went to Sub Zero to get free ice cream and then went home to watch a scary movie. 

Like I said, fall break is the best. It was the perfect weekend. And now Garrick is living at school again studying and taking midterms while I'm counting down the days until Thanksgiving break!

 photo jamie.jpg

No comments: